With the deadline to link your PAN Card with the Aadhaar Card is round the corner which is tomorrow 31st of August, it is the time to do it as soon as possible. Since after the demonetization move of PM Narendra Modi, the govt. of India has created many ways to curb the black money in India, one of the major ways to put an end to the black money market is to link Aadhar with PAN Card.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has said that taxpayers will have to link their PAN with Aadhaar by the stipulated deadline, which is 31st August, as the Supreme Court verdict on privacy has no bearing on the requirement.
31st August last date to link PAN And Aadhaar
Card- Check out simple steps to link
The govt. of India has already extended the deadline twice the time from July 31st to August 5 and from August 5 to August 31st so the govt. will be less likely to extend it. “Not to the best of my knowledge,“ said a senior tax official when asked whether the date for linking PAN and Aadhaar would be extended.
If any of the person is failed to link the Aadhaar with PAN then he/she not only able to process the I-T returns but also not be eligible to avail the benefits of many social schemes.
Process to link Aadhar with PAN
- Go to the official portal of Income Tax e-filling and register yourself (if not).
- Log in with your credentials.
- Either a Popup window will appear or click “Link Aadhaar”.
- Enter all the asked details like Aadhar Number, Permanent Account Number and the name on the Aadhar Card.
- Verify the captcha.
- Click “Link Aadhaar”.
- Upon the succesfull validation of the Aadhar it will be automatically linked.
- A popup window will confirm your link.
- The linker will also receive a SMS on the registered mobile number