OnePlus announced that a new update is being rolled out to its high-end OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones. OxygenOS 4.1.5 was supposed to bring a few new features and many improvements to already existing functions. Like some optimizations, bug fixes and updated security patch.
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T receiving update to OxygenOS 4.1.6; withdraws OxygenOS 4.1.5.
OnePlus made this announcement on their forums, and, like the 4.1.5 update, the 4.1.6 update is also based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. OnePlus didn’t reveal any reason for pulling out the 4.1.5 update.
Here is a detailed update change of OxygenOS 4.1.6:
- Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
- Updated network settings for select carriers
- Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.8
- Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
- Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
- Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party file managers
- Fixed VoLTE issue on certain JIO SIM cards
- Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
- Proximity sensor
- Camera low light focus
- Expanded screenshot
- Enhanced system stability
It is advisable to connect to a good Wi-Fi network before downloading the update. Further, keep your handset charged as high as 50 percent. The update is an OTA and will soon reach your device. However, you can check for it manually via the device settings. Go to Settings – About – Software updates.