GATE 2017: The Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering (GATE) is a National level Entrance examination conducted all over India for the candidates willing to seek admission in the Post graduation courses in Engineering from the prestigious colleges or institutes located all over the country.
The Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian institutions all over India that include IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee collaboratively organizes Gate Entrance test. The eligibility criteria for the candidates is either to be in final year of bachelor’s (or an equivalent degree) in engineering or a Master’s degree in computer applications, science etc. or architecture.
GATE 2017: Download Admit Card
GATE is conducted every year and lakhs of student applications roll out and this year also many candidates have enrolled for the GATE 2017. As per the recent news the organizing institute IIT-R(Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee) has rejected 263 applications based on the invalid details or lack of educational qualifications.
This year, GATE 2017 is being conducted internationally in Singapore, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates. An international portal is also being developed for the international candidates.
Important Dates to Remember:
Name of the Examination: Gate (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering)
Admit Card/Hall tickets: 5 January 2017(Thursday)
Date of Online Examination: February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
Announcement of Result: 27 March 2017(Monday)
Procedure to Download the Admit card/Hall Ticket:
- Go to the official website – www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
- Click on the Link provided to Download the Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- Enter your details like Enrollment Id and Email Address in the fields provided.
- Click on the submit button and the download the Hall ticket.
- Take a printout or save the hall ticket.
List of things necessary for the Examination:
- Admit Card
- Employee Identification Card
- College ID
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Aadhaar UID
- Voter ID
Every individual is mentioned to be at least 30 minutes before going to the Examination hall.
Changes made in the GATE Examination 2017:
- There is a total of 23 question papers in various disciplines where a candidate have to appear in a single paper.
- Petroleum engineering has been added as one more subject that will increase one question.
- Candidates are not allowed to get electronic devices such as calculators, wrist watches, mobiles for the examination and a virtual calculator will be present on the online for the calculation purpose.